When you use and/or register with and use http://m.coolage.in or http://www.coolage.in ("AOL India Web sites"), you gain access to the enhanced websites, services and other content and offerings from AOL Online India Private Limited ("AOL India") and its affiliates (collectively, "AOL"). When you register with AOL, you provide personally identifiable information (your "AOL India information"). This Policy explains the information practices that apply to your AOL India information, as well as the choices you can make about the ways this information is used by AOL.
Collection of your AOL India Information
Your AOL India information consists of personally identifiable information collected or received about you when you interact with AOL India's Web sites, services and offerings as a registered user. Depending on how you use the service, your AOL India information may include:
- registration-related information (such as name, home or work addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone and fax numbers, birth date or gender); or
- information about your visits to AOL India Web sites and pages, and your responses to the offerings and advertisements presented on these Web sites and pages; or
- information about the searches you perform through AOL India and how you use the results of those searches; or
- information about AOL India services or offerings that you use, and how frequently you use them; or
- information about how long you have used services from AOL India prior to registering with the service; or
- transaction-related information (such as credit card or other preferred means of payment, billing or shipping information, or a history of products purchased through AOL India); or
- customer service information about you as a AOL India user or subscriber; or
- other information specifically related to your use of a particular AOL India service or offering.
Your AOL India information may be supplemented with additional information from other companies.
Your AOL India information may also include certain technical information gathered or received when you use AOL India. Some of the technical information that may be collected or received includes: the type of browser you are using (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows or Mac OS), CPU type, your manner of connecting to the Internet (e.g., connection speed through narrowband or broadband access); Internet protocol address; information about the version of service from an AOL affiliate that you used prior to registering with the service; other information about your geographic location; and the domain name of your Internet service provider. Your AOL India information may be collected and stored on AOL servers or servers of such other subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf, located in the United States, the territory of India and such other countries as we may disclose from time to time. Additionally, AOL India will use the AOL Screen Name Service, or similar technologies, to authenticate you on AOL India and enable you to take advantage of AOL India's offerings. You can learn more about other benefits of the Screen Name Service, including its ability to facilitate your use of Web sites outside AOL India, by visiting https://my.screenname.aol.com/en-in
How Your AOL India information is Used
Your AOL India information is used:
- to operate and improve the Web sites, services and offerings available through AOL India;
- to personalize the content and advertisements provided to you;
- to fulfill your requests for products, programs, and services;
- to communicate with you and respond to your inquiries;
- to conduct research about your use of AOL India; and
- to help offer you other products, programs, or services that may be of interest.
In the event that ownership of AOL or the AOL India service was to change as a result of a merger, acquisition or transfer to another company, your AOL India information may be transferred. If such a transfer results in a material change in the use of your AOL India information, AOL will provide notice about the choices you have to decline to permit such a transfer.
Your Choices about Your AOL India Information
You will be given the opportunity to make choices about how your AOL India information may be used by AOL to make marketing offers to you. Any marketing preferences that you will be able to make will not apply to communications that are directly related to your registration and use of AOL India software and services (including upgrades and updates to the service), or the fulfillment of a specific transaction you have requested (for example, a service advisory from AOL India, or an acknowledgment of a purchase order).
You may also choose whether AOL's affiliated providers receive personally identifiable AOL India information. This choice does not apply to the sharing of AOL India information necessary to provide you the basic functionality of the service (for example, recognizing you as an authenticated user on affiliated providers' Web sites or services). Additionally, AOL India may share personally identifiable AOL India information with one or more of its affiliated providers when that information is necessary to carry out a specific transaction or request you make for an offering from the service or its affiliated providers, or as otherwise specified at the time you take advantage of that particular service.
Because the choices you make in connection with your AOL India information may not take effect immediately, it is possible you may receive a communication during the period in which your request is being processed.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Advertisement Networks
Cookies are text files that are placed in your computer's browser, and that can be used to help recognize you as an AOL India user. Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on Web pages that can be used, among other things, to count the users who visit that Web page, or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a user viewing that page. You can control cookies through your browser's settings. If you reject all cookies, however, you will not be able to take advantage of certain AOL India offerings.
Our Commitment to Security
Special Note for Parents
AOL India is intended for a general audience. Registration for certain services on AOL India may not be available for children under the age of 13.
How to Contact Us