Nike Outrun Umang 2013 - Rules and Regulations
Registered for the Nike Outrun Umang 2013 – The 4K College Face Off? Now read the rules and regulations and get prepared to participate in the biggest running event exclusively for college students.
Date: 17th August, 2013
Start Time: 8:30 am*
Venue: NM College | Gulmohar Road, Juhu Scheme, Vile Parle West, Mumbai – 400056
Gates Open from 6am to 8am
*Participants to start the race no later than 8:40am
PRE-RACE AND REGISTRATION
1. An entry will be considered valid only if the participant fills out the complete registration form, has a valid college ID and collects his/her Nike Race Day Bib and Nike Timing Chip at the Nike Registration Counter.
2. Nike will provide every participant with the Nike Race Day Bib and a Nike Timing Chip to compete in the race. On completing the registration process, every participant will receive details on the Nike Race Day Bib and Nike Timing Chip collection.
3. You can collect your Nike Race Day Bib and the Nike Timing Chip at the Nike Registration Counter located at the NM College Campus between 10am to 6pm from August 14th to 16th 2013. Each participant must carry their valid college ID and a copy of their e-mail verification in order to collect the same.
4. Please do not send in more than one entry per person. Duplicate applications for a single individual will be rejected.
5. Participants are allowed to register for other participants provided:
a. The other participant is from the same college
b. They carry the valid College ID of the other participant for collection of the Nike Race Day Bib and Nike Timing Chip.
6. Before sending in applications, please ensure that all mandatory information has been completed. Any discrepancy will lead to rejection of the application.
7. Confirmed participant's identity and proof of residence may be verified by a verification agency hired for validating the details provided in the form
RACE-DAY AND PARTICIPATION
1. Participation in Nike Outrun - The 4K College Race is open for only College Students between the ages of 16 to 25.
2. Each participant will be allotted a holding area before the start of the race. All participants must be in their respective holding areas before the start of the race and need to make their way to the start line, as per the race organizers instructions
3. The participant is required to wear the Nike Race Day Bib on Race day in order to enter the holding area and participate in the race. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
4. All Participants need to carry their valid College ID on Race Day without which he /she will not be permitted to be a part of the race.
5. Participants need to attach the Nike Timing Chip to their shoe lace before the race starts to be able to record individual race times. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
6. There will be timing mats at the Start gantry, en-route at the mid-point and at the End Gantry for timing to be recorded.
7. Participants must complete the entire race route on-foot and ensure that each timing mat is crossed in order to complete the race.
8. Race marshals have the authority to pull anyone out of the course for whatever reason they deem necessary
9. The decision of the organizers will be final and binding
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND RACE ETIQUETTE
1. Race timings and winners are based on the NET TIME using the timing chip system, hence an early start does not necessarily mean a better start time or higher chance of winning. Each individual's race time is tracked separately and thus starting first or last does not necessarily impact your overall result.
2. Some segments of the route will be divided, please run along the demarcated route and avoid running into the path of the oncoming runners
3. If you encounter problems along the race route, please approach our Race Marshalls for assistance
4. If you would like to stop and enjoy the en-route facilities / entertainment, please keep to the side and avoid holding up other runners.
5. There will be directional signage and markers along the race route to guide you
6. If for some reason you need to stop along the route, please move out of the group and to the side before doing so. This is necessary to prevent other runners from colliding into you
7. If you're feeling unwell on the event day , please refrain from participating in the race
8. Participants are advised not to drink too much water an hour prior to the race
9. Water will be provided before the race at the Holding area and there will be additional water counters along the race route.
8. An ambulance will be stationed at the race venue in case of any emergency
9. To make the most of your run, you're strictly advised to wear shorts / tracks and tees.
10. By participating in the event each participant waives all claims of whatsoever nature against any and all sponsors of the/any event including Nike, Mumbai city, all political entities, authorities and officials, all contractors and construction firm working on or near the course, all NIKE OUTRUN committee person, officials, volunteers, Wizcraft International Entertainment (P) Limited and all other person and entities associated with the event and the directors, employees, agents and representatives of all or any of the aforementioned including, but not limited to, any claims, costs, demands or expenses of whatever nature that might result from participating in the event and whether on account illness, injury, death or otherwise.
1. Baggage counters will be provided at the entrance of the holding area and will be open from 6am to 11am
2. Participants are requested to carry minimum baggage to the venue
3. The organizers have the right to reject or refuse to accept any baggage for deposit, for safety reasons
3. Participants will need to deposit their belongings at the baggage counter
4. Baggage Tags will be handed over against the belongings which will need to be produced at the counter at the time of baggage collection
5. Participants are requested to refrain from carrying valuables to the race. Organizers will not be responsible for the loss of any valuables or baggage lost at the venue
Filed under: Events
Soylent: The new-age hassle free powdered 'food' By Nitish Rajpurohit-National Institute of Technology, Silchar
A College Student's Winter Survival Kit By Garima Sachdeva-Hindu College, New Delhi
Moto G Coming to India in January By Rohit Raj-Sri Ramswaroop Memorial College of Engineering and Management, Lucknow
Kapil Sibal joins facebook; receives stark criticism from Rahul, Sonia, Siddhu By Chintan Zalani-BITS Pilani, Goa
Running and Pushing our limits By Ashok Nath