Nukkad Natak (Street Play) - IIM Ahmedabad Chaos
Date : 22/12/2012
Time : 10 AM
Location : Entre Circle
Street plays have been an integral part of Indian tradition. The idea of a street play is to propagate social and political messages in a humorous and sarcastic way and create awareness amongst the masses. A street play, or “nukkad natak”, is characterized by highly enthusiastic and energetic performance so as to attract maximum crowd.
Winner: Rs. 15,000
Runner’s Up:Rs. 10,000
*Top 6 teams travelling from outside IIMA will receive travel reimbursement (Max Rs. 4000)
Final date of registration: 30th Nov 2012
Declaration of Finalists: 10th Dec 2012
Date of Event: 22nd Dec 2012
Time: 10 A.M.
Veneu: Entre Circle Old Campus
There will be a preliminary round to shortlist the teams that will be invited to perform during the finals at the campus. The selection will be on the basis of the scripts sent by the team before the mentioned deadline. The results of the elimination will be put up on the Chaos website and will be communicated to the shortlisted teams by 10th Dec 2012.
Finalists will have to perform the same play as sent to us during the preliminary round. Any major changes to the script during the finals may attract penalty.
One wild card entry can also be there. Decision for the same will be taken by the Coordinator and it will be final.
Rules for both prelims and finals are same and mentioned below -
- Street plays can be in Hindi, English or Bi-lingual
- The script can be original or an adaptation. If it is an adaptation of already published work, due credit must be given to the owner of the content.
- Time-limit: 25 minutes (including setup time, if any), this limit should be strictly observed. Teams exceeding time limit shall be penalized
- Performance should be confined within the Nukkad area, as defined by the organizers
- No technical support will be provided
- Teams are allowed to use Dholak, Flute or any other music instrument of their choice, but usage of mikes, lights, or other electrical instruments is not allowed.
- No props will be provided. Teams may use basic props if they want, but excessive usage may lead to penalty at the discretion of Judges
- Any form of obscenity may result in penalty at the discretion of Judges. It may range from point deduction to disqualification
- Decisions of the judges shall be final and binding to all teams
- One entry per college
- Team size: Maximum of 20 members including those handling music
- No professional assistance is permitted, all team members should be certified students of the institute. Please bring along your identity cards
- Social message (what you want to convey and how you presented the idea)
- Crowd interaction
- Direction and Acting
Registration Rules and Procedure
- For pre-registration, please send an email to the event organizer (details given below) detailing the following:
- Institute represented
- Team leader
- Contact details for team leader (Email/Phone)
- Number of team members
- Last date for registration through email is 30th Nov 2012. Registration stands invalid without the SCRIPT after which registration through email may be accepted at the discretion of the event coordinators.
- The shortlisted teams will be notified latest by 10th Dec 2012.
- Register here: https://docs.google.com/
spreadsheet/viewform? fromEmail=true&formkey= dHlpZG1SX2ViMzNzSTFlczJ4QzJzTW c6MQ
For any queries or further clarifications, kindly contact:
Abhinav Tripathi Renu Verma
Ph No: 9537929214 Ph No: 9913971869